The Uganda National Roads Authority were looking to construct and re-construct strategic bridges in Eastern and Central regions, with Terrain Services Ltd chosen to take on Kabaale Bridge on Kyankwanzi – Ngoma Road.
This turnkey design and build project included the following: -
- To design the foundations, abutments, piers and bearing shelves for the 100m span bridge crossing River Mayanja with a new road alignment on the Kyankwanzi-Ngoma road
- To create cofferdams to construct 2 No. abutments and 2 No. piers with spacing 25m + 50m + 25m
- To design, fabricate, deliver and assemble a 100m span through Truss Bridge which was launched in 2 No. 50m sections from each abutment and then joined in the center
- To cast a R.C. Deck for the roadway and walkway
- To construct approach roads with associated road furniture and river training
This project was estimated to last 24 months; however, the bridge was opened for use after only 18 months.
ClientUganda National Roads Authority
Kyankwanzi – Ngoma Road